Please Note: Due to the holidays, the following dates and locations for Foodshelf-In-A-Box have been canceled or changed:
• PPL will be changed to December 17th
• Macedonia will be canceled on December 25th
• 800 West Broadway will be canceled on November 28th and December 26th
Feeding the hungry is one of our primary objectives. Sadly, however, many families in need are unable to attend a regular food shelf program due to lack of transportation and/or an inability to find daycare for their children. Our Foodshelf-In-A-Box offers a practical and innovative means for us to provide easy access to much-needed groceries and other important support services.
Each month, during a designated date and time, Good in the ‘Hood delivers groceries to a local partner site with the following objectives:
- Offer easy access to essential groceries, basic resources, social engagement, support information and referrals in order to bring stability and much needed assistance for families in need.
- Establish host partner sites with businesses, schools, civic and/or religious organizations that are interested in leveraging their key assets, including facility and staffing, for the greater good of the community. This enables Good in the ‘Hood to bring a sustainable and cost-effective program that enhances the relational equity between our client guests and our local hosting partner.
- Provide our neighbors in need with a “client-choice” shopping model that places an emphasis upon healthy options such as protein, dairy and fresh produce
- Offer opportunities for volunteerism, social engagement and program leadership. We believe this is the key in order to promote personal dignity and help to foster a “Doing With” approach for the community rather than “Doing For” perspective.
This pop-up style program is designed to bring a monthly drop/delivery of essential groceries to each of our Foodshelf-In-A-Box hosting partners. It’s a quick, simple and efficient model that allows for set up, hosting of a client-choice shopping distribution and clean-up within a 4-hour window of time.
Currently, this exciting program is being hosted at the following 8 locations (Please contact us at 612-217-4003 or firstname.lastname@example.org for specific host site information and registration criteria):
- Foodshelf-In-A-Box at Macedonia Baptist Church 3801 First Ave South Minneapolis, MN 55409 (Every 4th Wednesday of each month from 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm.)
- Foodshelf-In-A-Box at 800 West Broadway Ave N Minneapolis, MN 55411 (Every 4th Thursday of each month from 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm)
- Foodshelf-In-A-Box at Creekside Gables 7601 Zane Ave N Brooklyn Park, MN 55443 (Every 4th Thursday of each month from 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm)
- Foodshelf-In-A-Box at Bethany Church 6900 Auto Club Road Bloomington, MN 55438 (Every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month from 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm)
- Foodshelf-In-A-Box at MP, Maple Pond Homes 1854 Beebe Road Maplewood, MN 55109 (Every 1st Thursday of each month 3:15 pm – 5:30 pm)
- Foodshelf-In-A-Box at American Indian OIC Takoda 1845 East Franklin Ave S Minneapolis, MN 55404 (every 3rd Wednesday from 1:00-3:00 pm)
- Foodshelf-In-A-Box at Project for Pride in Living 2020 Elliot Ave S Minneapolis, MN 55404 (every 4th Tuesday from 1:00-3:00 pm)
- Foodshelf-In-A-Box at Webster Elementary 2170 7th Ave E St. Paul, MN 55109 (every 3rd Thursday from 3:15-5:30 pm)
To register or learn more about our Foodshelf-In-A-Box, please contact us at: email@example.com or 612-217-4003.