Due to our recent COVID-19 outbreak, we are doing our best to balance the need for basic services with our capacity to effectively respond amid so many facility shutdowns, particularly those that host some of our programs. With this in mind, if you are looking to volunteer or you are in need of one or more of our services, please contact us directly in regard to our open hours and availability for a particular program, service, and/or host site. We can best be reached by calling 612-217-4003 (leave a voicemail please) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your kind understanding as we work together for good.
For more information see the following:
Feeding the hungry is one of our primary objectives. Sadly, however, many families in need are unable to attend a regular food shelf program due to a lack of transportation and/or an inability to find daycare for their children. Our Food Shelf-In-A-Box offers a practical and innovative means for us to provide easy access to much-needed groceries and other important support services.
Each month, during a designated date and time, Good in the ‘Hood delivers groceries to a local partner site with the following objectives:
- Offer easy access to essential groceries, basic resources, social engagement, support information and referrals in order to bring stability and much needed assistance for families in need.
- Establish host partner sites with businesses, schools, civic and/or religious organizations that are interested in leveraging their key assets, including facility and staffing, for the greater good of the community. This enables Good in the ‘Hood to bring a sustainable and cost-effective program that enhances the relational equity between our client guests and our local hosting partner.
- Provide our neighbors in need with a “client-choice” shopping model that places an emphasis upon healthy options such as protein, dairy and fresh produce
- Offer opportunities for volunteerism, social engagement and program leadership. We believe this is the key in order to promote personal dignity and help to foster a “Doing With” approach for the community rather than “Doing For” perspective.
This pop-up style program is designed to bring a monthly drop/delivery of essential groceries to each of our Food Shelf-In-A-Box hosting partners. It’s a quick, simple, and efficient model that allows for set up, hosting of a client-choice shopping distribution and clean-up within a 4-hour window of time.
Currently, this exciting program is being hosted at the following 8 locations (Please contact us at 612-217-4003 or email@example.com for specific host site information and registration criteria):
- Food Shelf-In-A-Box at Macedonia Baptist Church 3801 First Ave South Minneapolis, MN 55409 (Every 4th Wednesday of each month from 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm.)
- Food Shelf-In-A-Box at 800 West Broadway Ave N Minneapolis, MN 55411 (Every 4th Thursday of each month from 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm)
- Food Shelf-In-A-Box at Creekside Gables 7601 Zane Ave N Brooklyn Park, MN 55443 (Every 4th Thursday of each month from 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm)
- Food Shelf-In-A-Box at Bethany Church 6900 Auto Club Road Bloomington, MN 55438 (Every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month from 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm)
- Food Shelf-In-A-Box at MP, Maple Pond Homes 1854 Beebe Road Maplewood, MN 55109 (Every 1st Thursday of each month 3:15 pm – 5:30 pm)
- Food Shelf-In-A-Box at Project for Pride in Living 2020 Elliot Ave S Minneapolis, MN 55404 (every 4th Tuesday from 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm)
- Food Shelf-In-A-Box at Webster Elementary 2170 7th Ave E St. Paul, MN 55109 (every 3rd Thursday from 3:30 pm – 4:45 pm)
- Food Shelf-In-A-Box @ Folwell School: Folwell School, Performing Arts
Magnet, 3611 20th Ave S, Minneapolis, MN 55407 (every 3rd Tuesday of the
month from 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm). Primary contact is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Foodshelf-in-a-Box Sponsorship – Podcast (mp3)
Learn More about our Foodshelf-in-a-Box Program and how you can help!
To register or learn more about our Food Shelf-In-A-Box, please contact us at: email@example.com or 612-217-4003.