Feeding the hungry is one of our primary objectives. Sadly, however, many families in need are unable to attend a regular food shelf program due to lack of transportation and/or an inability to find daycare for their children. Our Foodshelf-In-A-Box offers a practical and innovative means for us to provide easy access to much-needed groceries and other important support services.
Each month, during a designated date and time, Good in the ‘Hood delivers groceries to a local partner site with the following objectives:
- Offer easy access to essential groceries, basic resources, social engagement, support information and referrals in order to bring stability and much needed assistance for families in need.
- Establish host partner sites with businesses, schools, civic and/or religious organizations that are interested in leveraging their key assets, including facility and staffing, for the greater good of the community. This enables Good in the ‘Hood to bring a sustainable and cost-effective program that enhances the relational equity between our client guests and our local hosting partner.
- Provide our neighbors in need with a “client-choice” shopping model that places an emphasis upon healthy options such as protein, dairy and fresh produce
- Offer opportunities for volunteerism, social engagement and program leadership. We believe this is the key in order to promote personal dignity and help to foster a “Doing With” approach for the community rather than “Doing For” perspective.
This pop-up style program is designed to bring a monthly drop/delivery of essential groceries to each of our Foodshelf-In-A-Box hosting partners. It’s a quick, simple and efficient model that allows for set up, hosting of a client-choice shopping distribution and clean-up within a 4-hour window of time.
Currently, this exciting program is being hosted at the following 8 locations (Please contact us at 612-217-4003 or firstname.lastname@example.org for specific host site information and registration criteria):
- Foodshelf-In-A-Box at Macedonia Baptist Church 3801 First Ave South Minneapolis, MN 55409 (Every 4th Wednesday of each month from 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm.)
- Foodshelf-In-A-Box at 800 West Broadway Ave N Minneapolis, MN 55411 (Every 4th Thursday of each month from 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm) Temporarily closed for the month of January. Will reopen in February 2020
- Foodshelf-In-A-Box at Creekside Gables 7601 Zane Ave N Brooklyn Park, MN 55443 (Every 4th Thursday of each month from 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm)
- Foodshelf-In-A-Box at Bethany Church 6900 Auto Club Road Bloomington, MN 55438 (Every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month from 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm)
- Foodshelf-In-A-Box at MP, Maple Pond Homes 1854 Beebe Road Maplewood, MN 55109 (Every 1st Thursday of each month 3:15 pm – 5:30 pm)
- Foodshelf-In-A-Box at American Indian OIC Takoda 1845 East Franklin Ave S Minneapolis, MN 55404 (every 3rd Wednesday from 1:00-3:00 pm)
- Foodshelf-In-A-Box at Project for Pride in Living 2020 Elliot Ave S Minneapolis, MN 55404 (every 4th Tuesday from 1:00-3:00 pm)
- Foodshelf-In-A-Box at Webster Elementary 2170 7th Ave E St. Paul, MN 55109 (every 3rd Thursday from 3:15-5:30 pm)
- We’re adding the following program in January 2020: Foodshelf-In-A-Box @ Folwell School: Folwell School, Performing Arts Magnet, 3611 20th Ave S, Minneapolis, MN 55407 (every 3rd Tuesday of the month from 3:00 pm-6:00 pm) (first distribution begins on January 21, 2020), Primary contact is Cheryl Fluguar-Leavitt
To register or learn more about our Foodshelf-In-A-Box, please contact us at: email@example.com or 612-217-4003.