THREE MAIN GOALS FOR OUR PROGRAMS
We invite you to take a look at each of our available programs, and to partner with us as we seek to inspire a contagious momentum of kindness in the urban community. Each member of our team and our volunteers strive to do more than feed people. We work to be agents of positive change in people’s lives.
Each of our outreach programs has three underlying principles that influence everything we do. At Good in the ‘Hood, we aim to be:
HOW DO WE CHANGE PERCEPTION?
- Establishing a recognizable presence of Good in the ‘Hood
- Influencing positive values and healthy respect for others
- Inspiring a contagious atmosphere of kindness
- Encouraging residents to take responsibility for the well-being of their community
- Promoting responsibility and achievement by giving a hand-up rather than a hand-out
HOW DO WE CHANGE ENVIRONMENTS?
- Inspiring neighborhood dignity through focused acts of kindness
- Revitalizing the environment through clean-up projects and prayer
- Promoting safety and upholding justice
- Restoring neighborhood dignity through our Adopt-a-Community program
- Serving as a resource distribution catalyst for the community
HOW DO WE CHANGE LIVES?
- Leading reading, tutoring, artistic expression and recreational mentoring programs for children
- Providing practical resources and assistance for under-served families
- Making available Serve-A-Thon opportunities for volunteer groups
- Providing strategic partnerships that benefit both the individual and the community
Further information on each of our individual programs can be found by reviewing each program page of our website. Take a moment and look around, and as you have questions, please know we’re here to help and would love to hear from you.