To influence, inspire and impact individuals, families and entire communities for good.
Changing lives together with simple acts of kindness.
- Quantity: Securing and stabilizing the immediate vulnerabilities of those in need
- Quality: Providing resources and a framework for healthier choices and living
- Opportunity: Offering Purposeful engagement that leads toward an increasing sense of personal and social responsibility
- Community: Providing a sense of belonging and an environment of mutual advocacy
- Practical: Provide practical solutions that create a positive impact in lives, families and community.
- Promotion: Influence a movement that stirs up a contagious momentum of kindness.
- Personal: Affirm the significance of those we encounter and encourage personal dignity.
- Partnerships: Work with others to do the most good together.
- Programs: Serve the community with regular outreach and support initiatives.
- Provision: Provide food and other essential resources for the economically distressed.
- Platform: Create user-friendly service opportunities to purposefully activate others.
WHO WE ARE: Inspiring intentional acts of kindness
Good in the ‘Hood is an urban-based, partnering organization committed to initiating and sustaining focused acts of kindness as a means of inspiring neighborhood decency and personal transformation. We believe that goodness and kindness are change-agent qualities and it is our firm conviction that urban renewal will take place when a focused and contagious momentum of kindness is made manifest. Our desire is to inspire individuals, families and entire neighborhoods to take responsibility and ownership for the growth, improvement and well-being of their personal lives and community. Through partnerships and kindness-based initiatives we believe the physical, emotional and spiritual climate of an entire community can be changed for good.
“Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can as long as ever you can.” – John Wesley