Thank you for generously supporting our efforts to bring holiday blessings to economically challenged families with children!
How Can I Register My Children as Participants for the Adopt-A-Family Program?
Only those who participate in our Thanksgiving basket program will be considered for our Adopt-A-Family program. With this in mind, those interested in registering for this program must register “in person” (I.D. required for the entire family) at one of our approved food shelf programs. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for specific program registration information.
What Forms of I.D. are Necessary for Me to Receive a Holiday Food Basket and/or Sponsorship?
We will accept a valid driver’s license, social security card, birth certificate, medical cards, student and/or employee identification. Anything that clearly demonstrates who you are and those who are your dependents.
I Would Like To Sponsor Someone For The Adopt-A-Family Holiday. What Is The Best Way To Start This Process?
First, we would like to thank you for your interest in our program. We endeavor to provide both our sponsors and the recipient families in need with a meaningful holiday “Shopping With Dignity” experience. Simply go to our fillable online application link OR you are welcome to email us at email@example.com and we will gladly send you the sponsor application form and program guidelines.
Where And When Can I Deliver The Gifts?
Our goal is to receive the gifts as early as possible as this enables us to best prepare and to provide a better experience both for the families we serve and our generous sponsors. NOTE: Sponsors, please box and/or bag gifts and securely attach your full name and contact information with a list of the items purchased. PLEASE DO NOT WRAP GIFTS.
GIFT DROP-OFF LOCATIONS AND TIMES:
Good in the ‘Hood at Cedarcrest Church 1630 East 90th Street, Bloomington, MN 55425
- Sunday, December 2 and December 9 from 9:30-11:30 am
- Tuesday, December 4 from 10-9:00 pm
- Wednesday, December 5, 12 from 10-2:00 pm
- Thursday, December 6 and 13 from 10-2:00 pm
- Friday, December 7 and 14 from 10-2:00 pm
Good in the ‘Hood First Stop drop-in center at Lutheran Colportage Services 2101 Chicago Ave. S., Minneapolis, MN 55404
- Monday, December 3, 10 from 12-6 pm
- Friday, December 7, 14 from 12-6 pm
In addition, gift drop-offs can be made to our partner Living Word Christian Center 9201 75th Ave. N., Brooklyn Park, MN 55428 during the following times and December dates (please reference the “SHARE CHRISTMAS” partnership with Good in the ‘Hood)
- Monday-Friday, December 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 from 8 am-5:00 pm
- Wednesday and Friday, December 5, 7, 12, 14 from 7 am-8:00 pm
- Saturday, December 1, 8 from 5-6:00 pm
- Sunday, December 2, 9 from 9 am-12:00 pm
Finally, for those who live in or near St. Paul, Union Gospel Mission Twin Cities “Donation Center” 435 University Ave E. St. Paul, MN 55130 has agreed to serve as a partner in receiving gift drop-offs. Sponsors are welcome to drop-off their gifts during the following times/dates:
- Monday-Wednesday, December 10, 11, 12 from 9 am-4:30 pm
If you are unable to meet these deadlines please contact Shawn or Jamie at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 612-217-4003 and we will do our best to accommodate your schedule.
As A Sponsor, Should I Wrap The Gifts That I Purchase And Donate?
It would be best to leave the gifts unwrapped. The reason for this is we want to provide the parents and/or guardian with a guided shopping with dignity experience in which they select the gifts that best meet the needs and interests of their very special child. With this in mind, we set up the gifts for display and allow our participants to shop for the gifts from our inventory of sponsor donated presents. This ensures that each child will receive holiday surprises that best suit their unique needs and interests without the risk of duplication. In addition, it enables the parent/guardian to deliver the gifts to their own child and to maintain an important sense of personal dignity. Please note: We will have gift wrapping teams available to assist the families. We invite you to join us as a volunteer or to donate wrapping paper and ribbons.
As A Sponsor, Should I Provide A Gift Receipt In Case There Is Something Broken Or Damaged?
Yes, as this will help to ensure that the holiday experience is a positive memory. We recommend securely taping or stapling the receipt to the gift(s). In addition, please, include your name, contact information and a list of the gifts that you have provided so that we can properly account for your generous donation and sponsorship.
Can I Sponsor An Entire Family?
Yes, this is a possibility as we offer 2 options:
- Our traditional Shopping With Dignity With this program, our kind sponsors DO NOT receive a specific bio for a family or child. Rather, we ask that sponsors purchase new gifts that can be put on display for the recipient parent/guardian to shop for those gift items that best fit the needs, wants and interests of their respective child(ren). In addition, our sponsors are given an opportunity to contribute grocery gift cards, fuel cards and/or public transportation passes for the adult members of the family in order to provide a truly warm and happy holiday for the entire family. This program is intended to bring dignity to families suffering from economic challenges. With this in mind, our generous sponsors do not purchase specific gifts for any particular family or member.
For those interested in connecting with the recipients of our program and services, we invite our sponsors to volunteer for one of our Shopping With Dignity events. This is a great way to bring additional practical support to our program participants and to experience the joy of helping to offer a brighter holiday season for others.
- Our Adopt-A-Family EXTREME This program has been created to address the needs of families that are experiencing a personal crisis during the holiday season. This may include, but not be limited to circumstances such as death, illness, loss of job, house fire, etc. To qualify for this program, our generous sponsors, whether individual or corporate, must request and complete an application. In addition, to qualify for this program, sponsors must be willing and able to invest a minimum of $2500 in gifts, food, resources and/or cash to a particular family that has been approved by Good in the ‘Hood as a qualified recipient of our Adopt-A-Family EXTREME program. Each year we sponsor 5-10 families through this initiative; therefore, our opportunities are limited. It’s a very rewarding way for generous sponsors to bring a high level of impact and support for a family suffering from personal overwhelm and crisis.
To inquire and/or to request an application for this program, please contact Executive Director, Rev. Shawn Morrison at email@example.com
If I Don’t Have Time To Shop Are There Any Other Options For Being A Sponsor?
Yes, we have volunteers who are always excited to have the opportunity to shop for our Holiday Help program; therefore we welcome financial sponsorships. The suggested sponsorship per child is $50. With this in mind, you are welcome to make a secure online donation to support this program by clicking here: DONATE or you may mail a check to:
Good in the ‘Hood 1630 E. 90th St. Bloomington, MN 55425