To influence, inspire and impact individuals, families and entire communities for good.
Changing lives together with simple acts of kindness.
- Partnerships: Implementing collaborative strategies that help create flourishing communities
- Provision: Providing key resources and advocacy for the economically distressed
- People: Moving people forward towards their preferred future
- Quantity: Securing and stabilizing the immediate vulnerabilities of those in need
- Quality: Providing resources and a framework for healthier choices and living
- Opportunity: Purposeful engagement that leads toward increasing maturity
- Community: Providing a sense of belonging and an environment of mutual advocacy
The 7 Primary Objectives:
- Practical: Providing practical solutions that create a positive impact in lives, families & community
- Promotion: Influencing a movement that stirs up a contagious momentum of kindness.
- Personal: Affirming the significance of those we encounter and encouraging personal dignity.
- Partnerships: Working with others in order to do the most good together.
- Programs: Serving the community with regular outreach and support initiatives
- Provision: Providing food and other essential resources for the economically distressed.
- Platform: Creating user-friendly service opportunities in order purposefully activate others
Who We Are:
Good in the ‘Hood is an urban-based, partnering organization committed to initiating and sustaining focused acts of kindness as a means of inspiring neighborhood decency and personal transformation. We believe that goodness and kindness are change-agent qualities and it is our firm conviction that urban renewal will take place when a focused and contagious momentum of kindness is made manifest. Our desire is to inspire individuals, families and entire neighborhoods to take responsibility and ownership for the growth, improvement and well-being of their personal lives and community. Through partnerships and kindness-based initiatives we believe the physical, emotional and spiritual climate of an entire community can be changed for good.
Do all the good you can; In all the ways you can; In all the places you can; As long as you ever can. – John Wesley